Rapid ID data capture and client processing
Thales Gemalto Document Reader QS2000 is a highly reliable and durable full-page document reader, part of our document reader solutions, designed specifically for commercial markets.
Its compact size and contemporary design combined with fast data capture of passports, identity documents, driving licenses and other IDs makes it ideal for commercial applications when you just have a couple of seconds for:
- data entry
- age verification,
- customer onboarding,
- entitlement verification prior to purchase or employment,
- and visitor management.
Easy and convenient document scanning
The Gemalto Document Reader QS2000 has a large open document area and an ergonomic sloping front making document scanning a breeze.
Optional RFID support allows the user to view and verify the embedded chip data in ePassports, eIDs and driving licences, helping ensure the document is genuine.
Machine-readable zone (MRZ) and barcode reading is also included, automatically capturing the document and decoding it.
Designed to offer high reliability in environments requiring image capture and data entry:
- liquor stores,
- and rental car companies
Details of the Gemalto Document Reader QS2000
- Optional RFID chip reading for better assurance of document authenticity
- Multiple document reading and imaging using true-color image matching
- Dual wavelength illumination – Visible and Infra-Red
- Anywhere placement of ID cards
- 400 DPI -resolution
- OCR data capture of the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)
- Complete access to data and images captured via Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Auto-triggering of document capture – presence of document is automatically detected using visible light
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Windows® 11, macOS and Linux® compatible
- USB 2.0 or USB 3 high speed compatible via high speed USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C™ host port
- Rugged design, no moving parts and internally sealed optical chamber to prevent dust ingress
- Chemically Strengthened Glass minimises scratching and provides advanced durability
- Powered from a single USB 500mA port
- Optional Chinese NID card reading
How can we better help you?
At Thales, we believe in taking a global approach to security. That's why we strive to provide secure, durable and innovative solutions.
Our customers can meet their security expectations with the support of our experienced team.
If you have a question on the Gemalto Document Reader QS2000 or more broadly on our KYC and document verification solutions, please leave a comment in the box below.
We'll be glad to hear from you.
Thales Gemalto Document Reader QS2000
Identity & Biometric SolutionsRead more on Gemalto Document Reader QS2000