Combating cross-border crime, terrorism, and illegal crossings requires tremendous efforts to identify and prevent threats challenging land, maritime, and points of entry.
To maximize these efforts and ensure the safety of citizens, police, and immigration enforcement can now rely on an integrated border management system for full operational control.
With steadily growing numbers of travelers, states need to address the challenge of striking the right balance between open yet fully secure, controlled borders.
Thales Border Management provides a full range of applications to implement best-practice immigration processes and state-of-the-art technologies at border management headquarters (HQ) and border control points (BCPs).
The solution enables border control agencies to process both arriving and departing travelers in wide-ranging situations at air, land, and sea points of entry- at both staffed immigration desks equipped with advanced ID readers and Automatic Border Control (ABC) gates.
As a key player in Border Management and associated self-service solution Thales developed a complete EU EES Border Management System, designed specifically to meet the European Union, National Border Authorities, and International Airports functional and operational requirements.
Key benefits of Gemalto Border Management System
Supports all border control points
Thales solutions support all border control types (border gates, eGates, suitcases, handhelds, etc.) for air, land, and sea borders, and mobile checkpoints.
Convenience for travelers and authorities alike with faster, more secure border operations
- Automated travel document identification and verification against a centrally administered document repository
- Biometric data capture with quality assurance
- Biometric traveler verification (1:1) and identification (1:N)
- Integration with the national Visa Information System (N-VIS) for Visa status check and verification of Visa Document and biometric Identity confirmation(1:1)
- Automated comparison of identity against text-based and biometric control/alert lists
- Entry-Exit System (EES) with visa overstayer and advanced transit alarm logic
Flexibility and scalability
Gemalto Border Management system provides a high degree of flexibility for the customization of workflows and access control to meet changing needs.