You'll probably agree that secure identity verification is now a crucial part of online security and a significant challenge for businesses. ID Verification is also a vital component where verified identity is essential, such as border controls or digital services access.
There can be no room for error.
- If ID verification is taking too long, chances are new clients will give up and existing ones will become frustrated.
- If it's too basic, onboarding clients may be risky in the current climate when KYC/AML compliance procedures are so stringent and threats posed by thugs, fraudsters and impersonators are as broad as they are serious.
In response, numerous technological developments, including intelligent document readers, facial biometrics and machine learning, have emerged. But harnessing them into a single effective solution can prove a real headache.
Here's the good news.
Client onboarding effectiveness can be increased dramatically, using a series of field-proven and cost-effective techniques.
Let's discover how Thales ID verification solutions, integrating the latest facial recognition technology with privacy in mind, enables a secure and smart identity verification process.
What can Thales ID Verification Suite offer to your business?
Thales comprehensive ID verification solution is built around consumer behaviour, making your service smooth and trusted.
We’ve developed a 100% automated solution driven by intelligent software with user privacy in mind, security by design, and absolutely dependable. It is flexible, easy to integrate and ready to meet the needs and requirements of your business.
In other words, we make sure that your clients are genuinely who they claim to be with a process tuned to your business, and that's easy as capturing an ID image and taking a selfie.
- The modular solution offers different versions of document verification to align with your security expectations: from checking the validity of the Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ) to more advanced control under white light, infra-red and UV checks. We can even verify the information stored in the chip of the documents.
- Thales is one of industry’s global leader in face biometrics. For the smoothest of user experience, we offer a highly sophisticated passive liveness feature based on machine learning models, whereby the end-user is asked for nothing more than to simply take a selfie! Our face matching feature then accurately compares the selfie with a reference portrait taken from the ID document. Those face verification features are purpose-built to work with Thales’ broader biometrics enrolment solutions to enable further face authentication use cases.
- Whether you prefer service in SaaS mode to scale up or set up your servers on-site to comply with a particular country or industry regulations, Thales ID Verification solution is flexible enough to address your needs.
- Implement our solution where it suits your users the best. The cross-platform solution supports mobile and tablets devices (Android and iOS), web channels and professional document readers.
Online ID Verification highlights
It maximizes the user experience and makes it as comprehensive as possible.
Passive liveness detection for assured user presence
Slash identity fraud and confirm your user is a genuine person through an effortless experience.
Passive liveness does not require any action to be performed.
Based on an exhaustive analysis of real-life scenarios, we know too many clicks slow the digital onboarding process and push the client to quit.
The benefits of passive detection?
This has been proven to dramatically improve first time onboarding rates, especially for non-tech-savvy users.
This feature based on facial biometrics complements face capture for matching and authentication. It ensures the process is more secure by helping to thwart spoofing attacks.
Automatic detection and capture – Encourage user adoption
Intelligent computer vision is at the heard of our client-side software development.
When it comes to the mobile channel, capture ID documents don’t have the benefits of the flat screen offered by an office scanner or professional document reader. This is why we designed our document capture features on the mobile channel to help the end-user to easily find and achieve the best image capture in the shortest time.
Glares and blurry images don’t help the user experience – they force the user to have to re-start and do it again!
This Online ID Verification functionality based on machine learning algorithms is capable of automatically detecting an ID. It also captures an optimized image of the document in real-time. Document verification has never been so fast.
Call it magic!
AI-powered technology - Integrate across multiple platforms
Artificial intelligence drives the constant improvement of digital identity verification services.
AI-powered solutions ensure automated machine learning models to continuously improve the capture and verification performance. This feature is crucial for biometric technology.
AI also allows for more rapid response time and precise document verification algorithms.
Your mobile application is able to leverage advances in computer vision that works like magic – documents are detected and cropped seamlessly, documents are rapidly recognized and checked for fraud, while live faces are instantaneously detected and matched.
This is an ever-learning foundation to combat an ever-growing battlefield of new fraudulent attacks, and enable a user onboarding experience so smooth, that your users will hardly have realized that they were just verified by some of the most advanced security checks in the industry.
NFC reading – Benefit from electronic verification
Using NFC to read an electronic ID document (such as ICAO compliant ePassport or eID card) is available for both iOS and Android via a mobile SDK. Extraction of data stored in the chip integrated into the ID document provides a fail-proof way to obtain the ID holder information. This includes a high quality digital copy of the user’s portrait.
But that’s not enough! Data extracted from the chip must be verified just like any other data read off the ID document. The ID Verification solution performs extensive security checks on the digital information to assess its integrity and authenticity. There is no better way to ensure that data extracted from an ID document is absolutely tamper-proof. This critical process is known as Passive Authentication.