Thales and Gemalto are granted antitrust clearance in the United States
March 6 2019 - Paris La Défense - Reference is made to the joint press release by Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) and Gemalto (Euronext Amsterdam and Paris: GTO) dated 27 March 2018 in relation to the launch of the recommended all-cash offer by Thales for all the issued and outstanding shares of Gemalto (the Offer), the publication of the Offer Document, and the joint press release of Thales and Gemalto dated 10 August 2018 in relation to the further extension of the Acceptance Period. Terms not defined in this press release will have the meaning as set forth in the Offer Document.
Thales and Gemalto announce today that they have received Regulatory Clearance for US antitrust approval, as the Stipulation and Order related to their agreement with the United States Department of Justice, which was announced on 1 March 2019, has been entered by the court.
Together with the antitrust clearances obtained in China, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, Turkey, the European Union, Australia and Mexico, and clearances relating to foreign investments obtained in Australia, Canada and the United States (CFIUS), Thales and Gemalto have obtained 12 of the required 14 Regulatory Approvals.
Thales and Gemalto continue to work constructively with the competent authorities in Russia.
Thales and Gemalto expect to close the Offer in March 2019.
Further announcements will be made if and when a Regulatory Clearance has been obtained or the Offer Condition with respect to Regulatory Clearances is satisfied, waived or has become incapable of being satisfied, or as otherwise required by applicable law. As announced on 10 August 2018, the Acceptance Period has been further extended by Thales in accordance with a dispensation granted by the Dutch financial markets authority (AFM) and will end two weeks after the fulfilment of the Offer Condition with respect to Regulatory Clearances or the waiver thereof (but no later than the Long Stop Date).
This is a joint press release by Thales and Gemalto pursuant to Section 4, paragraph 3 of the Dutch decree on public takeover bids (Besluit openbare biedingen Wft) and section 17 paragraph 1 of the European Market Abuse Regulation (596/2014) in connection with the recommended all-cash offer by Thales for all the issued and outstanding shares in the capital of Gemalto, including all American depositary shares. This announcement does not constitute an offer, or any solicitation of any offer, to buy or subscribe for any securities in Gemalto. Any offer is only made by means of the Offer Document dated 27 March 2018, which is available on the website of Thales at www.thalesgroup.com/en/investors and on the website of Gemalto at www.gemalto.com/investors.
Related press releases
- THALES AND GEMALTO REACH AGREEMENT WITH THE ANTITRUST DIVISION OF THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCES BY THE AUSTRALIAN AND MEXICAN COMPETITION AUTHORITIES
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE COMMERCE COMMISSION IN NEW ZEALAND
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE COMPETITION COMMISSION IN SOUTH AFRICA
THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE UNITED STATES (CFIUS)
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE COMPETITION BOARD IN TURKEY
- THALES AND GEMALTO ANNOUNCE REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTER OF INNOVATION IN CANADA
- THALES EXTENDS THE ACCEPTANCE PERIOD OF THE OFFER FOR GEMALTO UNTIL 15 AUGUST 2018 AND CONFIRMS IT EXPECTS TO COMPLETE THE ACQUISITION IN THE COURSE OF THE SECOND HALF OF 2018
- THALES LAUNCHES ITS OFFER ON ALL GEMALTO SHARES
- THALES AND GEMALTO CREATE A WORLD LEADER IN DIGITAL SECURITY