Thales, a leader in critical information systems, cybersecurity and data security, is making it easier for organizations to manage and secure their data in multi-cloud environments. Its advanced data security solutions integrate with the leading cloud service provider platforms from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, Microsoft and Salesforce, allowing users to establish strong safeguards around their sensitive data and applications in the cloud, satisfying compliance requirements and giving them greater control and flexibility.
According to IDC, nearly 80% of IT organizations currently deploy multi-cloud or plan to implement multi-cloud environments within 12 months. Securing data in a multi-cloud environment can be especially problematic for organizations seeking compliance, since they need to prove they can control their data by following best practices around cloud data security shared responsibility models.
Delivering high performance encryption, sophisticated access control, intelligent auditing and strong key management, the latest additions to the Thales portfolio further assist customers with security, trust and control of their multi-cloud architecture. Understanding the challenges most organizations face in navigating this landscape, Thales provides the broadest support of cloud environments and data security technologies for multi-cloud data security.
Now both Microsoft Azure and AWS users will benefit from new enhancements to the Vormetric Data Security Manager (DSM), which offers centralized, FIPS 140-2 certified key and policy management. The latest version of Vormetric DSM in the Azure Marketplace brings support for Vormetric Transparent Encryption Live Data Transformation – which mitigates the need for downtime when transforming or rekeying encrypted data – and container security. Also newly available in Microsoft Azure is the Vormetric Tokenization Server; the platform enables workloads running in Microsoft Azure to tokenize data and offer dynamic data masking using simple REST API calls.
Other Thales solutions offering security, control and management for multi-cloud environments include:
- nShield BYOK: The FIPS 140-2 certified key management solution gives organizations centralized control over their encryption keys regardless of whether they choose to utilize their cloud provider’s native encryption, available for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform users
- nShield Web Services Crypto API: The new API will help customers to save time and money at deployment by avoiding custom software integration with HSMs and gain flexibility with the ability to use any custom or non-standard operating system
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption: Protects data with file and volume level data-at-rest encryption, access controls, and data access audit logging for on-premises, public clouds, and hosted services
- Vormetric Key Management as a Service (KMaaS): Available for Salesforce Platform Encryption, KMaaS allows users to establish custodianship and strong controls over encryption keys. The service can be used in the cloud or deployed on-premises
- Vormetric Cloud Encryption Gateway (VCEG): Delivering client-side encryption for Amazon S3 and compatible services, the latest version is now multi-tenant with increased performance
- Vormetric Orchestrator: Simplifies the deployment, scale and operations of the DSM, for both on-premises and multi-cloud environments with the most notable addition being Ansible support for configuration management.
« Ultimately, organizations operating in multi-cloud environments benefit most when they have a consistent, integrated solution that offers comprehensive data security and the ability to effectively manage encryption keys across diverse environments. Thales cloud security and key management allow companies to achieve both aims, which is vital as organizations are responsible for keeping their data secure, and can’t default to holding the cloud provider solely responsible if and when something goes awry. »
Peter Galvin, Vice President of Strategy for Thales eSecurity