Advanced payment cards for leading-edge issuers
Thales is offering advanced payment cards, contact, and contactless, for the most demanding financial institutions.
In addition to the core EMV technology and applications, Thales Gemalto's advanced payment cards incorporate advanced features and applications for innovative issuers.
This range empowers our customers to deliver a wealth of value-added services to boost card usage and help generate new revenue streams.
These advanced payment cards exist in both Java and native OS technologies.
Advanced payment solutions
You can be first-to-market with differentiating and innovative services.
Debit and credit applications such as VSDC, M/Chip, D-PAS, AEIPS, and J/Smart are built into the range.
On top of the basic needs of your financial applications, you have an extensive range of possibilities to offer new services to your cardholders.
Thanks to MPCOS, a multi-application toolbox/ framework, you can use innovation to entice new customers. And you will make the most of a brand new and evolving portfolio provided by Gemalto.
More than 350 applications are already in the field.
Capable of responding to large orders, these advanced cards also include enhanced applications for specific countries like:
- Latin America.
Tailored to the issuer's strategy
Wherever you look for programs supporting affinity within the payment, they will often feature our advanced cards. Thales already works with several partners on such programmes, and they may be local to you.
These payment cards are already used with a wide variety of applications that help issuers to increase their reach: home banking, biometry, university, transport, mobile banking, and many others.
Complete packaged solution
The advanced payment cards are available in various configurations to suit your needs:
- M/Chip2, M/Chip4, M/ChipAdvance, VIS1.4, VIS1.5, Amex AEIPS, PBOC2.0 and 30, D-PAS, JSmart2.0
- SDA and DDA
- From 8K to 72K
- A powerful set of features and applications. The Java cards include all EMV applications + Online CAP + MPCOS + country-specific applications (Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc…) + PKI applications, and many more…
They also feature white-label payment applications compliant with EMV Co. standards, addressing the needs of domestic and private-label card issuers.
Thales Gemalto's latest contactless EMV cards support the Pay@gate concept, which is the Open Loop EMV application for Transport payment directly at the gate, replacing cash, ticket or dedicated e-purse.
Relying on EMV technology, it makes transport card interoperable.
Comprehensive support near you
Thales provides you with efficient support and services near you, either directly or through its network of partners.
Mobilise our bank consultants and payment experts.
Consulting services on advanced new applications can be arranged through the Thales office near you.
More resources and related solutions
- EMVCO: The official source for the EMV® specs
- Contactless: Are contactless cards safe?
- Cards, printing solutions and packaging: The best-looking credit cards can be yours.
- CNP fraud: Tackle Card-Not-Present fraud now
- CP fraud: Discover biometrics and payment - Discover the EMV biometric credit card
- Java Card development environment: Java Card in 2 minutes
- EMV 101: EMV basics and latest stats in 3 minutes