Advanced payment cards for leading-edge issuers
Thales offers advanced payment cards, contact, and contactless, for the most demanding financial institutions.
In addition to the core EMV technology and applications, Thales Gemalto's advanced payment cards incorporate advanced features and innovative issuers applications.
This range empowers our customers to deliver a wealth of value-added services to boost card usage and generate new revenue streams.
These advanced payment cards exist in both Java and native OS technologies.
Advanced payment solutions
You can be first-to-market with differentiating and innovative services.
Debit and credit applications such as VSDC, M/Chip, D-PAS, AEIPS, and J/Smart are built into the range.
On top of your financial applications' basic needs, you have an extensive range of possibilities to offer new services to your cardholders.
Thanks to MPCOS, a multi-application toolbox/ framework, you can use innovation to entice new customers. And you will make the most of a brand new and evolving portfolio provided by Gemalto.
More than 350 applications are already in the field.
Capable of responding to large orders, these advanced cards also include enhanced applications for specific countries like:
- Latin America.
Tailored to the issuer's strategy
Wherever you look for programs supporting affinity within the payment, they will often feature our advanced cards. Thales already works with several partners on such programs, and they may be local to you.
These payment cards are already used with various applications that help issuers increase their reach: home banking, biometry, university, transport, mobile banking, and many others.
Completethe packaged solution
The advanced payment cards are available in various configurations to suit your needs:
- M/Chip2, M/Chip4, M/ChipAdvance, VIS1.4, VIS1.5, Amex AEIPS, PBOC2.0 and 30, D-PAS, JSmart2.0
- SDA and DDA
- From 8K to 72K
- A robust set of features and applications. The Java cards include all EMV applications + Online CAP + MPCOS + country-specific applications (Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.…) + PKI applications, and many more…
They also feature white-label payment applications compliant with EMV Co. standards, addressing domestic and private-label card issuers' needs.
Thales Gemalto's latest contactless EMV cards support the Pay@gate concept, the Open Loop EMV application for Transport payment directly at the gate, replacing cash, ticket, or dedicated e-purse.
Relying on EMV technology, it makes transport card interoperable.
Comprehensive support near you
Thales provides you with efficient support and services near you, either directly or through its network of partners.
Mobilize our bank consultants and payment experts.
Consulting services on advanced new applications can be arranged through the Thales office near you.
More resources and related solutions
- EMVCO: The official source for the EMV® specs
- Contactless: Are contactless cards safe?
- Cards, printing solutions, and packaging: The best-looking credit cards can be yours.
- CNP fraud: Tackle Card-Not-Present fraud now
- CP fraud: Discover biometrics and payment - Discover the EMV biometric credit card
- Java Card development environment: Java Card in 2 minutes
- EMV 101: EMV basics and latest stats in 3 minutes