A passport scanner designed for integrators
The Thales Gemalto OEM Document Reader AT10K is designed to inspect and image travel documents, including electronic travel documents and 1D and 2D barcodes used by the airline industry on boarding passes and cell phones.
New in our document reader solutions, the reader's low profile and simple shape make it ideal for integration with self-service airport kiosks and automated passport control gates. The reader can also be used in many other locations such as railway and cruise terminals.
How to scan a passport? It's easy.
This new feature-rich OEM version is the result of a detailed and exhaustive analysis of field experience and numerous deployed projects.
Its intuitive design is based on new research using infrequent travellers, typical of the self-service environment.
In particular, Thales has designed a new "landing lights" LED feedback arrangement which naturally encourages the correct placement and use of the reader, regardless if the user is left or right-handed.
This feature maximises the first-time read rate for reduced queues and greater traveller satisfaction.
The virtually flat top with new user instruction decals and no hood makes the reading area visible when presenting a paper or cell phone boarding pass or passport.
Features of the OEM reader
- Reads and images multiple types of documents in Visible, Infra-red, Ultra-violet, co-axial and OVD Reveal light using internal 36-bit colour image processing and true-colour image matching technology to provide vibrant, accurate colours
- High resolution 700 dpi option with a high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 1 host port enabling fast image captures
- Reads documents and barcodes placed at any rotation on the glass and presents images correct way up based on features in the document
- Anti-glare technology eliminates image artefacts due to laminate or OVDs
- OCR data capture of the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)
- Auto-triggering of document capture – the presence of document is automatically detected
- Hoodless operation in many environments
- Internally sealed optical chamber to prevent dust ingress
- Low scratch, chemically strengthened glass with oleophobic coating for low maintenance, durability & easy cleaning
- Side and bottom mounting points for easy integration into kiosks and desks
- Powered from USB or external power supply
- Complete access to OCR data and images captured via Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Access to images as BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Hub – 2 ports for external peripherals
- Options: document spine hold-down clip; document hood; contact smartcard
See also Thales Gemalto OEM Document Reader AT10Ki