The Thales Gemalto MRZ Swipe Reader CR100 is super compact.
It offers the ability to read code line data from passports, IDs, and other Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTDs) with simple hand-swipe operation and minimal training.
The CR100 swipe reader is part of our document reader range.
Efficient and easy-to-use readers in a small footprint
With its tiny footprint, it can be attached to a cash register, display, or keyboard.
So, it can be integrated into small bank counter or cash desk environments, making it ideal for banking, car rental agencies, hotels, and retail as well as Border Management, Law Enforcement, and Transportation.
CR100 swipe reader main features
- A low-cost Optical Codeline Reader (OCR) that uses basic MRZ information
- A dependable OCR reader adaptable to a variety of workstations and areas
- Captures data that can be used to automatically populate field automatically
- USB 2.0 output/USB powered (no power supply), a single interface cable (2m or 15cm options at the time of purchase)
- It reads ALL passports in the world issued after 2005, as well as US Green Cards, visas, etc.
- Bi-directional swiping. Desktop mount for stable, non-slip swiping (optional, user-installable)
- Desktop mount for stable, non-slip swiping (optional, user-installable)
- Can be attached to an LCD or other device/mounting using 3M™ Dual Lock™ fasteners
- VCOMM interface for Multi-Function Document Reader compatibility (other interfaces available, contact your local Thales sales office)
- Windows® XP SP3 and Windows Vista® compatible, Windows® 7 tested
- Cable exit points are user changeable
- Customer can design bespoke brackets, using dual screw fixing Reading Capability
- ICAO compliant documents in near-infrared (IR) 875nm per
- ICAO 9303 specification Parts 1-4
- Near ICAO compliant travel documents such as French ID cards
- For information on reading other document types (e.g. bankers cheques) contact your local Thales sales office
How can we better help you?
We believe in taking a comprehensive approach to security. That's why we strive to provide secure, durable, and innovative solutions.
We offer extensive experience and support, enabling our customers to meet their security challenges.
If you have a question on the CR100 to ask or more broadly on our KYC and ID verification solutions, please leave a comment in the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you.