Thales is trusted at the highest levels of the Canadian Army to help prepare for, achieve and maintain tactical superiority and strategic independence over any form of threat. Thales Canada is a trusted Prime Contractor, systems integrator and in-service support provider for defence and security in Canada; investing in people, technology and solutions that help enable mission success.
Critical Information Systems and Cybersecurity
Armed Forces rely on Thales’ field-proven communication systems to securely transmit multisource information. In peacetime and in conflict, the resilience of infrastructure networks is vitally important for ensuring national sovereignty and the independence required for critical decisions.
In addition, our customers use our data tools to analyze and share information in real-time, from domestic command centers to units on deployment overseas. This enables them to digitally transform with the highest levels of security and speed so they can maintain an operational edge.
Nexium Defence Cloud
– Secure, resilient and scalable – Thales’ Nexium Defence Cloud Solution provides greater operational efficiency, smoother running communications systems and absolute control of your data.
Thales provides Land Forces with high grade communication radios for missions in any type of environment and deployment. Offering a comprehensive range of secure, network-enabled handheld radios – Thales offers a complete spectrum of tactical radio solutions and field proven equipment that has been successfully deployed worldwide.
– SYNAPS is Thales’ new broadband tactical software-defined radio family, designed to support battlespace digitization and C4I systems.
– This single lightweight package equips users with simultaneous narrowband and wideband to support tactical command and control communications in a variety of challenging environments.
Thales is delivering a new generation of protected vehicles that meet the requirements of defence forces around the world, able to operate in any environment and under any threat.
– Designed from the wheels up with protection and mobility in mind, the Hawkei has achieved an impressive combination of both fire power and integrated communication capabilities.
Land Command and Control
The ability to obtain, gather, process and distribute information effectively is key to gaining and maintaining operational superiority. Thales is relied on to design and deliver solutions that keep forces connected on critical missions, staying one step ahead of any form of threat.
- Integrating field artillery assets from the command post to the individual gun.
Training & Simulation
A pioneer in simulation technology, Thales offers a comprehensive range of solutions from individual and crew training, to collective training for full mission preparedness.
From hand-held thermal imagers to lightweight weapon sights, Thales’ optronics solutions stand ready to support the needs of Canada’s Armed Forces in maintaining decision dominance on the battlefield. Interoperable, adaptable and cyber-secured, our state-of-the-art situational awareness equipment is built for the combat situations of today and tomorrow.
Read more about Thales' soldier optronics solutions...
Click here to see Optronics product fact sheets.
• SOPHIE HHTI
– The Sophie family of hand-held thermal imagers and target locators deliver ground-breaking opto-mechanical architecture and best-in-class optical performance.
• XTRAIM WS
– This thermal weapon sight enables reliable target decamouflage capabilities for both day and night; supporting enhanced mission effectiveness for dismounted soldiers.
• NightRise NVG
– Our advanced optics and opto-mechanics give dismounted soldiers the best possible perception of situations, helping to increase their capabilities in theatres of operation.
• Spy’Ranger mini-UAV systems
– The Spy’Ranger family of mini-UAV systems from Thales heralds a new era in intelligence gathering by forward units.
Land forces around the world rely on Thales' comprehensive array of cutting-edge vehicle optronics solutions to help them complete their missions safely and effectively in a wide range of battlespace environments. Our comprehensive solutions for various vehicles and land-based platforms enable users to detect, identify and engage hostile forces at tactical or long range, day and night, while maintaining a high level of situational awareness and user security.
Read more about Thales' vehicle optronics solutions...
Click here to see Optronics product fact sheets.
Targeting & Surveillance Systems
Targeting and surveillance solutions are a key high-tech component of Thales’s vehicle optronics offering. We work with platform manufacturers and armed forces to develop and manufacture leading-edge, fully integrated systems with performance and features matched to every vehicle’s role and armament.
Driver Vision Enhancement (DVE) and Local Situational Awareness (LSA) Systems
Thales’s DVE and LSA systems enable military vehicle drivers and commanders to see everything going on around them on the battlefield, 24 hours a day. They keep crew members safe, while helping them to maneuver their vehicles and engage threats more easily and effectively, in both urban and open battlespace environments.