Introducing SYNAPS, the new broadband tactical software-defined radio family, designed to support battlespace digitisation and C4I systems.
SYNAPS KEY FEATURES:
- Hierarchical & transverse communications
- Unique collaborative combat capability
- Designed for international markets
- Meets requirements for land, air and naval
- Detects threats & shares tactical information
- Supports C4I applications
- Voice, messaging, video, chat and Blue Force Tracking
- Excellent range performance
- Compliant with NATO & ESSOR standards
- Suited for forces of all sizes from all branches of the armed forces
With most military operations now conducted by coalition forces, SYNAPS is built around SDR / SCA technologies compliant with the latest NATO and international coalition standards, most notably the ESSOR (European Secure Software Defined Radio) high-data-rate standard, developed by the armed forces of six European nations. ESSOR is also a candidate for the NATO specification and standard. In addition, SYNAPS radios are reprogrammable and ready to accommodate future standards.
SYNAPS radio communication systems also provide the optimum combination of data rates, security and connectivity and adapt automatically as operational deployments are reconfigured during a mission. Additionally, the communication system offers user services including voice, messaging, video, chat and Blue Force Tracking. With differentiated quality of service, the most critical data transfers being subject to priority status. SYNAPS also offers excellent range performance and protection against jamming on the battlefield, while optimising use of the frequency spectrum for the same amount of useful data throughput.
Designed for all types of users, all platform types and all branches of the armed forces as well as joint combined arms and allied operations, SYNAPS represents a major development in radio communications.