Smart Metering Solutions
for Meter Makers and Utilities
With a global shift to less predictable renewable energy sources, utilities need transparency and reliable data to balance loads on the grid. At the same time, consumers want greater control over their energy usage.
Smart meters meet both these demands, yet they also introduce a wealth of potential security issues – from privacy breaches to state-sponsored cyber-attacks.
Smart meter security and reliable connectivity are, therefore, paramount.
134.2 million to 186.8 million
• Remote Monitoring and OTA updates
• Real-time information about electricity or water consumption, enabling consumers to monitor their usage patterns
• Support dynamic billing models (such as time-of-use billing models)
• Fault Detection and Notification - as Smart meters can detect abnormalities in the grid, such as power outage or equipment failure
• Smart meters can manage and balance the load on the grid more efficiently. This helps prevent overloads, reduce energy waste and enhance the overall reliability of the electrical system
• Integration with renewable energy sources such as domestic solar panels homes. They can measure the energy generated and fed back into the grid, allowing for more accurate billing and efficient use of renewable resources
• Automated Meter Reading (AMR): Smart meters eliminate the need for manual meter reading, reducing human errors and operational costs
• Enhanced billing accuracy with precise and regularly updated consumption data, ensuring that customers are billed based on their actual use
• Environmental impact monitoring: smart meters can help consumers and utilities track and analyze the environmental impact of energy consumption, promoting sustainability
These services contribute to a more efficient, responsive, and sustainable energy and utility infrastructure.