Thales solutions for automotive IoT
CONNECT smart vehicles
Vehicle manufacturers demand uninterrupted connectivity from any smart device in their cars – delays in data transmission could put lives at risk or spoil the user experience. Thales' dedicated automotive connectivity solutions offer you:
- Robust and tamper-proof cellular modules which reliably transmit data even in the most extreme environments of temperature, vibration or moisture
- Embedded LTE solutions offering high-bandwidth and low latency connectivity that improve the driving and passenger experiences
- Automotive dedicated eSIMs to identify vehicles, encrypt and secure communications. eSIMs also ensure remote connectivity provisioning, greatly simplifying the supply chain.
Learn more: Thales automotive IoT connectivity solutions
MANAGE connected cars' lifecycles
Device lifecycle management is essential for long-lasting and trusted connected car applications. Car manufacturers should be capable of running remote software and security updates as and when needed, to address large fleets of devices. This will keep connected cars working optimally and protected against emerging cyber threats.
Thales' solutions provide you:
- A comprehensive platform for deploying feature updates and security patches remotely, across your entire fleet
- A secure environment that only accepts encryption-based digitally signed updates to be remotely downloaded in-car
SECURE connected cars
Security requirements for connected vehicles are among the most stringent in the industry. Any data vulnerability puts the car at risk of theft, and, in the worst-case scenario, malicious hackers could also cause widespread accidents.
Partner with Thales for:
- World-renowned cybersecurity expertise – the Thales brand is recognised globally for providing comprehensive cybersecurity solutions.
- Secure digital IDs, credentials, and data encryption at all times to protect connected cars, their applications, and data transfer from malicious access.
- Quality standards: our solutions comply with VDA 6.2 and TS16949 quality standards and quality processes, including APQP, PPAP, 8D reporting, and PCN process.
- Security lifecycle management, helping you comply with relevant and emerging data privacy laws around the world.
Learn more: Thales cybersecurity solutions for connected cars
ANALYSE connected cars data
Connected cars are generating more and more data. This provides car manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers with vast amounts of valuable information about how vehicles are being used and how they perform. Thales' analysis solutions help you:
- Monitor service and feature usage and adapt business models accordingly
- Enhance and improve your service offering, to improve customer satisfaction
- Benefit from AI and machine learning to identify unusual behaviour across a complete fleet, as well as risks and potential issues
Learn more: Thales AI-based Analytics solutions
The Thales advantage for connected cars
Incomparable connected car security
Thales offers the gold-standard of connected device security and invests heavily in R&D to continually enhance and improve its offerings.
Our eSIM and connected module are designed to allow you to build once, deploy anywhere – we connect with cellular networks anywhere on earth, meaning you do not need to make changes to sell your product in different regions.
We can transmit data over a range of networks meaning that connected cars can continue operating in tunnels, underground, or in remote locations.