SOTAS, the worldclass multi-media vehicle system
The evolution of SOTAS
Awareness, human machine interface and (sensor) data sharing are some of the evolving changes in everyday life. This is even more the case for those operating in harsh, unfamiliar and challenging areas or circumstances. Being able to depend on an intuitive, future-proof and truly reliable C4i infrastructure creates a trustworthy baseline for every type of mission. For over 30 years, SOTAS solves these challenges by delivering valuable crew functionalities, such as audio, networking and application hosting services.
SOTAS has continuously adopted new technologies addressing current plus upcoming needs and threats. These range from clear speech through digital audio services and filtering algorithms, to quicker data sharing through increased bandwidth within the networking services and application hosting options. These gradual changes always have the various responsibilities within our customer environment as focal point.
Through Life Support organisation - helping them with the relevant tools, spares and support.
Signal department - assuring the fielded systems allow for mission adaptation/configuration and common logistics.
Vehicle crew - maintaining look & feel and clear speech, while implementing new technology supporting their missions and optimising Size, Weight and Power to optimise for crew space.
Our customer requests vary from audio centric (IC and radio connectivity) up to application hosting and information sharing (VEA/GVA standards). As the overall concept of SOTAS consists of a variety of common building blocks, each customer request can be addressed.
Combined with the customised composition of the common building blocks, SOTAS provides countless unique values:
- High system reliability based on proven and fielded technology for best customer value over Life of Type and lowest maintenance/highest availability.
- Clear speech with spatial audio for improved crew effectiveness and mission endurance.
- Harmonised user interface for common user training over the fleet.
- Open architecture allowing for autonomy and future upgrade needs.
- Modularity to cater for best suitable solution combined with commonality and fleet roll-out.
- Optimised to Size, Weight and Power in answer to the increasing space claim.
- Fully aligned portfolio creating added value greater than the sum of its parts, enabling improved decision chain.
- Ease to adapt to mission and/or platform specific needs due to the modular approach and software enabled capabilities.
- Central software hosting to improve software upgrade possibilities and assure best software integrity and security.
Support services to enable customer autonomy
- On site or remote support.
- Customer helpdesk and maintenance tooling.
- Customer configuration tooling.
- Open platform enabling third party application hosting.
- Service level agreements for long term system and software support and roadmap development.
Apart from best speech quality for extended battlefield endurance, our audio services include:
• Digital voice intercom.
• Radio access.
• Telephony: FT and VoIP.
• Radio silence.
• Dynamic Noise Reduction (Generation 3).
• Spatial audio.
Tactical Networking provides a highly reliable C4i backbone:
- Fully aligned architecture to deliver best performance and highest reliability based on proven technologies.
- GVA-compliant infrastructure based on DDS and open standards.
- Ease of (system) integration by common building blocks.
- Non-blocking gigabit ethernet switch up to 29 ports electrical/optical, including Power over Ethernet.
- Option for embedded CISCO router capability.
- Supporting various interfaces for additional equipment such as GPS receiver, sensors, vehicle bus, etc.
Application hosting enables multiple application operations by one single platform:
- Support of integrated advanced audio services.
- Unified software-based functionality throughout the scalability of the solutions.
- Ability to host third party applications, e.g. Battlefield Management System, Fire Control System, software router (CISCO).
- Optimised for human interaction and ergonomics.
- Centralised data processing (and storage) to facilitate new security needs.
- Modular approach to meet additional processing and resilience demands.
- Increased operational effectiveness by reduced maintenance.
Get in touch with us
To enquire about our solutions, please use our dedicated contact form.