For more than 50 years, customers including Canada’s Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard have relied on Thales as a prime contractor and long-term partner enabling the Canadian Armed Forces and other defence entities to achieve mission success.
With defence activities from coast to coast to coast in the naval, maritime, ground and air domains, Thales Canada – Defence & Security partners with over 500 Canadian businesses, creating domestic economic impact of more than $140 million annually. In support of Canada’s digital transformation, Thales is committed to the development of innovative Canadian technologies and made-in-Canada defence and security solutions.
Naval and Maritime
• Thales is a Tier-1 partner of choice to Seaspan Shipyards for the Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Coast Guard, supporting Canada’s non-combatant National Shipbuilding Strategy as a key systems integrator.
• Thales is Canada’s Prime contractor for AJISS, the Royal Canadian Navy’s largest and most complex In-Service Support (ISS) program.
• An industry leader in uncooled Optronics technology, our commitment to innovation in Canada is demonstrated by our world-leading thermal imaging solutions and counter IED systems – the solution of choice by the Canadian Army and other NATO + Allied Forces.
Customers, including major internet service providers, banks, consumer technologies and governments, rely on Thales to build trust, protect data and safeguard privacy for complex digital interactions. Our capabilities in technologies, including biometrics and encryption, enhance security and convenience for people as well as secure software solutions to build trust and confidence with connected IoT systems.
Banking & Payment
• Thales assures credit and debit card security for a third of all Canadian citizens.
For more than 30 years, customers have relied on Thales for critical system development, integration and certification expertise for avionics suites, fly-by-wire flight control systems, head-up and head-worn displays, SATCOM systems, integrated electronic standby instruments, and other innovative concepts for the regional, air transport, helicopter and business aircraft markets.
Thales Canada Avionics Managing Director Michel Grenier talks about why the world’s leading aerospace companies rely on Thales’ innovative systems and expertise to make flying safer, easier and more efficient.
Flight Deck, Avionics Equipment and Functions
• Thales Canada is home to the organization’s Global Centre of Competence for fly-by-wire control systems
• Thales Canada supplies advanced flight control electronics for over 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
• Governments, institutions and companies rely on Thales Alenia Space to design, operate and deliver satellite-based systems. In Canada, investments in programs like Montreal’s NorthStar Earth and Space are driving Canada's space industry forward.
Customers rely on us for electronic solutions that improve operational efficiency and passenger services, from world-leading Communications-Based Train Control and interlocking, to automated revenue collection, to Integrated Communications and Supervision Systems for mass rail transit.
• Thales’ made-in-Canada SelTrac™ CBTC signalling system operates on more than 100 metro lines in over 40 major cities around the world.
• Whether you want to optimize performance and productivity, improve operations and reduce infrastructure costs, extend the lifetime of an asset base, or require long-term service support: Thales has the deep knowledge and expertise required to meet all your service needs.