For more than 50 years, customers including Canada’s Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard have relied on Thales as a prime contractor and long-term partner enabling the Canadian Armed Forces and other defence entities to achieve mission success.
With defence activities from coast to coast to coast in the naval, maritime, ground and air domains, Thales Canada – Defence & Security partners with over 500 Canadian businesses, creating domestic economic impact of more than $140 million annually. In support of Canada’s digital transformation, Thales is committed to the development of innovative Canadian technologies and made-in-Canada defence and security solutions.
Naval and Maritime
- • Thales is a Tier-1 partner of choice to Seaspan Shipyards for the Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Coast Guard, supporting Canada’s non-combatant National Shipbuilding Strategy as a key systems integrator.
- • Thales is Canada’s Prime contractor for AJISS, the Royal Canadian Navy’s largest and most complex In-Service Support (ISS) program.
• Thales is trusted at the highest levels to help the Canadian Army prepare for, achieve and maintain tactical superiority and strategic independence over any form of threat.
• An industry leader in uncooled Optronics technology, our commitment to innovation in Canada is demonstrated by our world-leading thermal imaging solutions and counter IED systems – the solution of choice by the Canadian Army and other NATO + Allied Forces.
Read more about Thales' vehicle optronics solutions...
Read more about Thales' soldier optronics solutions...
Click here to to see Optronics product fact sheets.
Access our Suppliers Portal.
Customers, including major internet service providers, banks, consumer technologies and governments, rely on Thales to build trust, protect data and safeguard privacy for complex digital interactions. Our capabilities in technologies, including biometrics and encryption, enhance security and convenience for people as well as secure software solutions to build trust and confidence with connected IoT systems.
Banking & Payment
• Thales assures credit and debit card security for a third of all Canadian citizens.
Enterprise & Cybersecurity
• Thales helps approximately 1,500 organizations in Canada take a data-centric approach to their security.
• Thales’ Cloud Protection & Licensing services support more than 40 Canadian federal government departments.
Internet of Things
• Thales Canada supports hundreds of IoT customers in verticals including metering, e-health, POS, home automation, automotive & smart cities.
• Thales provides our products, solutions and services to all major mobile network operators in Canada.
For more than 30 years, customers have relied on Thales for critical system development, integration and certification expertise for avionics suites, fly-by-wire flight control systems, head-up and head-worn displays, SATCOM systems, integrated electronic standby instruments, and other innovative concepts for the regional, air transport, helicopter and business aircraft markets.
Flight Deck, Avionics Equipment and Functions
• Thales Canada is home to the organization’s Global Centre of Competence for fly-by-wire control systems
• Thales Canada supplies advanced flight control electronics for over 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Technical Software Engineering
• Thales Canada leverages its integrated development teams, unrivalled expertise in end-to-end solutions for critical systems development
• Thales’ InFlyt Entertainment System supports 57% of the Canadian market.
• 350 aircraft in Canada today use Thales’ IFE solutions.
Customers, including the Government of Canada, rely on us to design, operate and deliver satellite-based systems for space that enable a better and more sustainable life on Earth.
From launching the world’s first Space borne search and rescue system through the MEOSAR (Medium Earth Space Orbit Search and Rescue) contract, to investing in Montreal’s NorthStar Earth and Space, to helping to improve astronauts’ medical autonomy for future missions to mars, we're committed to exploring humankind’s new horizons.
Driving Canada’s Space Industry
• Governments, institutions and companies rely on Thales Alenia Space to design, operate and deliver satellite-based systems. In Canada, investments in programs like Montreal’s NorthStar Earth and Space are driving Canada's space industry forward.
Customers rely on us for electronic solutions that improve operational efficiency and passenger services, from world-leading Communications-Based Train Control and interlocking, to automated revenue collection, to Integrated Communications and Supervision Systems for mass rail transit.
• Thales’ made-in-Canada SelTrac™ CBTC signalling system operates on more than 100 metro lines in over 40 major cities around the world.
Integrated Communications and Supervision Systems (IC2S)
• Every day, our integrated IC2S systems safeguard 30 million passengers in more than 20 cities.
Revenue Collection & Fare Payment Systems
• For more than 40 years, Thales has been designing, providing, installing and maintaining cutting-edge ticketing and revenue collection solutions.
• Whether you want to optimize performance and productivity, improve operations and reduce infrastructure costs, extend the lifetime of an asset base, or require long-term service support: Thales has the deep knowledge and expertise required to meet all your service needs.