Remotely and securely manage SIMs and eSIMs for seamless connectivity and services.
The mobile ecosystem is changing and becoming ever more open and connected, with the number of devices in circulation booming.
Mobile network operators (MNOs) need to update over-the-air (OTA) SIM, eSIM and secure elements across all networks, including 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G, to guarantee the best user experience and enable the 5G diverse use cases such as connected cars, IoT (internet of things), private networks or smart cities.
Thales Cloud OTA is designed for optimum efficiency and the best MNO experience across all networks and channels (SMS, HTTP, NAS).
It is built on open standards and is fully interoperable.
Thales Cloud OTA platform features a field-proven design that enables secure and efficient management of UICCs (SIM modules) and other secure elements (e.g. embedded UICCs) across all network generations.
Our market leader solution addresses numerous use cases such as mission-critical SIM activation, network selection, roaming, IoT, dedicated networks for rail (GSM-R) or public safety.
Scalable and future-proof, Thales Cloud OTA offers a unique framework for flexible deployments and service evolution.
Thales Cloud OTA is available as a service.
With Thales Cloud OTA in SaaS mode, you can grasp the full benefits of cloud computing:
- It enables innovation with unrestricted access to cutting-edge technologies and capabilities at an affordable cost.
- It reduces time-to-market as deploying applications is cheaper and faster.
- It is fully scalable and can address business variations of any magnitude, allowing you to adjust computing resources to your business needs quickly.
- It allows you to save: building a proprietary IT infrastructure and staffing it is expensive, and you may not use it to its total capacity, focus on your core business and pay only for what you use.
Ready for 5G
On 5G networks, Thales Cloud OTA:
- Protects the user identity by encrypting credentials
- Enables immediate steering of the subscriber on the preferred network and prevents anti-steering
- Helps 5G Multi-IMSI with privacy
- Protects your network against security breaches with key rotation
- Remotely upgrades the UICC operating system according to the latest standards
- Remotely and dynamically manages device application access points
Choice of environments to match MNOs' needs
In SaaS mode, MNOs can fully benefit from cloud scalability and elasticity, enjoy smooth updates and an up-to-date environment, enhanced security and disaster recovery, and costs matching resource use.
For MNOs who are considering network functions virtualization (NFV), Thales Cloud OTA can include a VNFM (virtual network function manager) for integration with an NFVO (NFV orchestrator) and elasticity at NFVI (NFV infrastructure) level.