Shipboard surveillance / Intelligence operations
ALTESSE-H is the new high-grade shipboard CESM (communications electronic support measures) and COMINT (communications intelligence) solution from Thales.
ALTESSE-H provides the bearing of radio transmitters and allows standoff ranges beyond other radar or EO/IR sensors.
The Thales solution offers a broad array of electronic surveillance functions to detect, monitor, identify and intercept threats for multiple types of mission scenarios:
- Early warning and alert, with long-range detection of threat communication signatures, contributing to ship self-defence.
- Tactical situational awareness. Data is sent to the ship’s combat management system to support geolocation of all communication signals, in conjunction with the capability provided by its RESM (radar ESM) sensor, contributing to the Recognised Maritime Picture (RMP).
- Simultaneous CESM / COMINT capability, with monitoring, automatic identification of complex transmissions (fixed frequencies, LPI burst and fast frequency hopping transmitters) and recording for signals analysis (listening-in, demodulation decoding, etc.).
- COMINT signal capture for real-time shipboard analysis (with access to audio and digital communications if not encrypted) or if recorded for offline analysis of signals of interest. Signals and tactical situations can be replayed in offline mode.
The ALTESSE-H solution’s new intuitive user interface is derived from the KEYOBS suite and supports shipboard electronic warfare operations. Operators can readily switch from CESM mode to COMINT mode. The interface is designed for use by non-specialists as well as EW experts. ALTESSE-H is interoperable with client mapping solutions.
ALTESSE-H is a passive sensor with a greater detection range than other sensors, making it a key asset for asymmetric threat detection and positioning in all environments.
ALTESSE-H main features:
- Frequency band: DF and monitoring: 30–3,000 MHz (down to 1–30 MHz as an option)
- Instantaneous IF bandwidth: up to 40 MHz
- High direction finding accuracy: 1° RMS (VUHF)
- Designed for dense RF environments, with instantaneous processing of a large volumes of targets, including targets with low power signals
- Ready for the latest and most advanced signals
- Compatible with shipboard communication systems and radars
To enquire about solutions, please use our dedicated contact form.