Risk and threat evaluation
Capitalising on its strong knowledge of armies needs worldwide as well as on battlefield specific requirements, Thales does everything to identify and mitigate the military cyber-risks though its expertise as a cyber-integrator.
This Risk and Threat evaluation is prior to any mission and is more than necessary to maintain fundamental capabilities while ensuring the command and control of a deployed force through information protection.
Combined with security by design, implemented on all Defence capabilities, Thales is also providing with dedicated assessments and easy deployable governance, which strengthens the ability of command posts to meet the increasingly demanding requirements of resilience and tactical responsiveness.
• Governance & risk management
• Assessment & assurance
• Cyber advisory
Cyber Defence protection solutions are developed in collaboration with armies worldwide to make sure to protect their sensitive data whatever the context and master the exchanges between the headquarters and the battlefield.
While ensuring protection of military networks, data and communications, thanks to a range of highly secure and ad hoc sovereignty solutions, such as real time Gateways, IP encryptors, Data diodes, Key Management solutions or secured collaboration tools, Thales also provides in-depth cyber detection of all equipment in order to support command posts and operational teams. To accompany armies fulfill their country specific regulations, we provide sovereign products and solutions to ensure government grade security.
- In this way, communications encryption system including encryptors and centralized management software customized for France, Belgium, Norway and many other dedicated country requirements worldwide. These high-level security solutions are qualified at restricted level by the French Security Agency, NATO or EU, and offers the best performance on the market as well as communications protection up to secret level data.
- In the context of collaborative combat or collaborative engagement, network interconnection gateway are guaranteeing total control of the data exchanged between different security domains to avoid compromise of sensitive data.
Thus, to enable collaborative combat or collaborative engagement though predictable short sensor to actuator transfer of data or sharing of a tactical situation, Real Time Gateways are offering this filtrating for the most time-critical and demanding applications as Naval, Space, Aerospace, Transportation or Land.
- Complementary, Cybels Authenticate answers customers’ concerns about symmetric and asymmetric of cryptographic key management thus enabling user authentication and data encryption in transit and at-rest for defence applications and assets (vehicle, satellite, etc). Several Key Management solutions, which are compliant with NATO, ANSSI or country specific regulations with a customized crypto (Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, etc) are helping create digital trust and assurance through crypto key material generation, transmission and injection.
- While ensuring the protection of data, a military-grade security solution is thus protecting communications, browsing and devices on the theater or between the field and the headquarters.
Detect and respond
Another key pillar is a network and data security architecture capable of detecting and neutralising cyberattacks quickly enough to avoid disrupting the mission. This deep security architecture guarantees that commanders have permanent, highly robust cyber protection for all the command posts and deployed units in their area.
Using Thales’ cyber solutions, militaries are given the means to keep a comprehensive vision of the actual cyber threat, together with easily actionable remediation solutions, adapted to each organization and decision-making chain; thus enhancing the overall operational capability by improving response time in the event of a cyber-attack.
Today, effectiveness of the military assets as vehicles relies very much on digital assets making them more vulnerable to cyber threats. It is then of paramount importance that any cyberattack can be timely detected, logged and countered, to maintain confidence in the mission.
In this way, Thales master the Detect & Respond chain thanks to dedicated set of defence solutions from in-depth detection to high-speed analysis & response to :
- Ensure reliability from the ground to the headquarters in the effectiveness of the military digitally enhanced assets. In this way, we are providing an end-to-end cyber detection and processing solution, starting from the in-theatre assets, as vehicles, down to the joint headquarters, via the theatre headquarters.
- Adapt detections strategy to the upcoming threats through the expertise of the Thales Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Ensure a big data analysis through the Cybels Analytics platform thus integrating advanced tools and a dedicated impact view to react easily to any cyber threat on the theater. In case of incident, operational teams are supported in the decision-making process.
- Allow network detection through a Cyber network detection probe capable that integrate a unique set of ad hoc; dedicated protocols, for navy, land, and other defence applications.
- Monitor your systems with a dedicated deployed theater SOC.
- Support in the building & transfer of your own Defence SOC with the help of our experts.
Train and experiment
Based on the Cyber Range, powered by Diateam, this offer allow testing your army infrastructure through realistic simulations of networks and technologies thus enabling to evaluate the level of security of your defence systems without affecting activity.
The virtualization of your networks asseses the cyber resilience to Cyber attacks in a safe environment. Your Cyber security staff and operational teams are thus improving their cyber readiness through representative scenarios dedicated to the military domain.
Packaged contents, scenarios, exercices, as well as pedagogic tools are developed thanks to Thales strong knowledge in military solutions or infrastructure. Dedicated defence scenario and exercises are thus enriched with the latest cyber defence threats coming from the cyber threat intelligence analysis or from latest attacks occurring on the theater.