In 2015, a global defence-sector leader needed to rationalise its information system. The need to manage hundreds of institutional applications presented a real headache, particularly in light of increasing running costs. Applications had to be standardised, and adapted to a highly secure cloud architecture, as a matter or urgency.
Thales leveraged its expertise in highly controlled secure environments to implement the following solutions:
Deployment of a Cloud solution developed on an OpenStack platform, fully integrated into the customer’s secure infrastructure and networks;
- Implementation of a cloud eligibility methodology in respect of the application portfolio;
- Transformation of the 200 eligible applications in DevSecOps mode ;
- Outsourced management of the hybrid information system.
The benefits of the project were as follows:
Reduced running costs;
- Improved responsiveness thanks to the automatic deployment, production release, scalability and resilience functionalities of the Thales cloud;
- Reduced time to market;
- Improved service quality for users.