Offer your cardholders a serene shopping experience
Thales Dynamic Code Card aims to provide cardholders with a better shopping experience by preventing fraudulent Card-Not-Present (CNP) transactions.
Card-not-present fraud is on the rise. Done via online transactions, telephone or mail, it's a fraudulent payment that typically happens after a payment card or information on the card has been stolen.
What we learned about CNP and cardholders
Cardholders feel uncomfortable when making a CNP transaction
Most card payment fraud comes from CNP transactions today.
Unsurprisingly, according to our 2015 Consumer Research Project, many cardholders feel uncomfortable conducting a CNP transaction.
- 56% of cardholders shop online without being fully confident about security
- 21% of cardholders have experienced fraud in the past.
Issuers are heavily impacted by CNP fraud.
Cardholders significantly change their behaviours after experiencing it, which eventually results in huge revenue losses:
- 70% of cardholders will never use replacement cards again; the other 30% spend less than half the amount they previously paid before becoming fraud victims. (Source: Gemalto Key Account, 2017).
The Thales Dynamic Code Card (front and back). The e-paper at the back replaces the static three-digit code area (Card Verification Value or CVV). The CVV code automatically changes over time.
Make the difference with the Thales Dynamic Code Card.
Thales Dynamic Code Card gives cardholders peace of mind for a more serene shopping experience.
As a result, it can be a powerful differentiator for issuers operating in a crowded market.
Do you know that 78% of cardholders would like their bank to offer it to them?
Furthermore, it can significantly boost card spending because 67% of cardholders say they would use it instead of other cards. (Source: Gemalto Consumer Research Project, 2015)
Thales Dynamic Code Card is an ISO standard EMV card certified by major payment schemes (Visa and Mastercard), replacing the traditional static security code with an e-paper screen to display the dynamic code that automatically changes over time.
This approach means a fraudulent transaction with a compromised, out-of-date code will be immediately identified and declined.
Go with Thales: A brand you can trust
Choosing Thales Dynamic Code Card means benefiting from the company's leading expertise in EMV cards and display card technology.
The company has 15 years of experience in E-paper screens and has delivered over 4 million cards.
We also provide a full portfolio of authentication, end-point protection and fraud management solutions to over 100 million online users worldwide.
Thales Dynamic Code Card can be optionally integrated with wider Gemalto E-commerce solutions that target CNP fraud, including the mobile app and the Confirm Authentication Server.
DCV Mobile Solution