The Thales Cogent Mugshot System (CMS) provides a Web-based, service-oriented, modular mugshot photo investigative tool for law enforcement agencies. Users can easily create and edit lineups, mug books, and booking records with its user-friendly navigation.
This solution is part of our biometric software portfolio dedicated to Law Enforcement.
User-friendly, scalable, accurate
Law enforcement agencies can securely access the CMS database and search for suspects immediately from the crime scene or patrol car through a standard Web browser; no dedicated software is needed.
Running on a commercially available backend server, CMS uses a NIST standard interface that seamlessly integrates with Thales Cogent's products, third-party AFISs, and LiveScan systems.
CMS lets users search for candidates using a list of basic criteria or through an advanced query tool, providing a high degree of flexibility to conduct searches or comparisons. Lineups can be viewed on-screen or printed, while mug books can be securely viewed on-screen through a "witness mode."
CMS also allows users to create:
- suspect records,
- wanted posters,
- investigation activity logging.
CMS is available as part of a complete booking system or as a standalone mugshot information system. Customized integration with Thales Cogent's AFIS and Thales Cogent's LiveScan System allows agencies to tailor a system to meet their operational requirements.
By sharing a common database structure, redundant data entry is virtually eliminated at sites where the system is purchased as a complement to existing booking systems.
- Create mug books
- Create lineups based on suspect or search criteria
- Create, locate, or edit existing booking records
- 100% Web-based solution
- Role-based access
- User-friendly, intuitive graphical interface for witness presentation
- Capture or import multiple mugshots as well as scars, marks, and tattoos
- Photo normalization
- Report generation
- Scalable to meet the unique needs of your agency
- Record retrieval and lineup creation
- Supports data import and export
- Interfaces with other law enforcement systems
- Context-sensitive help
- Fully-integrated with Thales Cogent's AFIS products
- Custom workflow integration services are available
- Facial recognition (optional)