SMART-S Mk2, Thales’s 3D multibeam radar, operates in S-band and is optimised for medium-to-long-range surveillance and target designation in littoral environments.
The latter consisting of a mix of sea, land, islands, coastal rains and thunderstorms and a multiple of radar targets including small surface targets, helicopters and anti-ship missiles. Furthermore, SMART-S Mk2 is designed to match the full performance of surface to air missiles (SAM), such as the Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM). SMART-S Mk2 is extremely suitable as the main air and surface surveillance radar in a one radar concept for light frigates, corvettes and ships such as Landing Platform Docks (LPD).
- Multi-beam with full Doppler processing within each beam
- Dedicated Doppler channel for surface targets
- Fully automatic detection and tracking of air and surface targets
- Dedicated ECCM techniques
- Multipath suppression using beams under the horizon
- Graceful degradation due to multiple solid-state transmitters