Boost data adoption and usage, maximize customer experience.
Thales Device Management software automatically detects and configures all mobile devices, including LTE and multi-SIM terminals.
It quickly generates personalized campaigns that allow operators to boost users' data adoption and usage while optimizing data experience.
Let's jump right in.
Over 6 billion LTE subscriptions globally in 2023
LTE is the fastest developing mobile communications technology ever. It is now the indisputable cornerstone of operators' mobile broadband strategies:
- LTE is a global success, with 5.55 billion subscriptions by the end of Q2 2020 (reaching nearly 60% of the world's population) and 798 mobile operators running LTE networks in 229 countries (updated: GSA, September 2020).
- LTE will be the leading mobile technology in 2023, with 6 billion subscriptions.
- LTE-capable devices will rise to 72% of all smartphone shipments in 2020, compared to 50% in 2016.
Those figures hide a geographical disparity. In particular, 4G coverage and 4G adoption in Africa will be about twice and four times less compared to other regions in 2020.
New challenges for operators
Customer experience has emerged as the new barrier to mobile data adoption and usage:
- Users' patterns and behaviors: multi-SIM users' behavior, illiteracy, lack of awareness of adapted data services, inadequate data pricing vs. personal patterns leading to churn...
- Handset and network limitations impact: LTE frequency bands fragmentation, 'one-data-bearer-network-only' multi-SIM phones, incorrect network data bearer attachment, frequent loss of data connection…
In particular, the quality of experience is of the essence: once users have adopted LTE (at a cost for the operator), the operator challenge is to retain them with a suitable data network quality of service.
In that context, to grow revenues, operators need to ensure subscribers adopting LTE-capable phones upgrade to a data subscription and benefit from a seamless 4G experience.
Operators also need to provide users with multi-SIM devices to get data - and the related revenue.
Thales Device Management solution
Our Device Management solution goes beyond remote device configuration: it also helps operators increase data revenue and customer satisfaction.
With more than 100 platforms managing over 1 billion users worldwide, Thales is a world leader in the mobile device management market.
MDM-rich and frequently-updated device library
Thales Device Management brings an unparalleled device library containing more than 222,200 references with full GSMA specifications from over 7,700 manufacturers, expanded with thousands of new models each year.
These frequent updates allow operators to accelerate the LTE uptake.
The knowledge of the LTE frequency bands supported by devices helps operators to tackle the complexity of the LTE band fragmentation, thus ensuring usage uptake via the promotion of the right device to the right user.
Real-time user & device analytics via Automatic Device Detection
Leveraging Thales' proven expertise in signaling, a full network-based Automatic Device Detection (ADD) module is also available as an option.
It brings valuable real-time users and device events analytics (e.g., presence on the network, location, device or SIM swap, roaming, connection type...).
That information can trigger device-based use cases (handset configuration, real-time personalized offers generation).
It can also feed other solutions addressing other business priorities (e.g., EIR (Equipment Identity Register) regulation, steering of roaming, M2M management, SIM OTA campaigns, private networks, VAS promotions).
Furthermore, thanks to Guavus Service-IQ Device Management Analytics (DMA), mobile operators can benefit from advanced use cases, such as device-network compatibility to plan their network with full awareness of the network capabilities supported by the current connected devices. In addition, the DMA device adoption trends are useful to align targeted campaigns such as promoting the right device model to the right audience. With Service-IQ DMA’s real-time insights on mobile device demographics, operators can prioritize differently and execute on customer-centric business and operations strategies.
Seamless automatic device configuration
As soon as the solution detects a new handset on the network, it automatically and remotely configures it with the operator settings.
Personalized data-focused campaigns
Operators can target the right subscribers to push LTE device adoption campaigns and quickly modernize the subscriber devices and promote LTE plans for owners of 4G-capable phones.
The Device Management solution can also send loyalty offers to multi-SIM users to ensure they use the operator subscription for data.
Prevent unwanted phones from accessing the network
The anti-fraud Equipment Identity Register (EIR) supports 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
This prevents lost, stolen, or prohibited devices from connecting to any network type and helps mobile operators meet increasingly stringent telecom regulations.
Enhanced Quality of Experience
Operators can collect information on data network quality from the users' phones to prioritize network improvements and offer subscribers the best data usage experience to retain them.
Benefits of Thales Device Management
For mobile operators
- Increase 4G adoption and usage,
- Increase data-related revenues,
- Accelerate LTE return on investment,
- Allows instant promotion of targeted offers based on the user's profile and handset characteristics,
- Ensure in-depth user patterns understanding,
- Improve subscriber satisfaction and retention
- Reduce customer care calls and costs.
- Ensure out-of-the-box LTE network connectivity,
- Allow a smooth and straightforward transition to a new device,
- Increase satisfaction,
- Receive personalized data-focused offers.