Enter a new dimension of situational awareness
On the battlefield, every second counts. Early detection of a wide variety of threats is critical to enact effective counter strategies and ensure armed forces protection. The increasingly ubiquitous presence of UAVs on the field, however, significantly challenges the ability to maintain situational awareness. Of different shapes, sizes and speed, armed or unarmed, deployed alone or in swarms, these unmanned systems have the ability to saturate or blind side armed forces defences.
In order to offer a full spectrum of force protection, Thales has developed the GO20 MM. Featuring a permanent 360° coverage, to detect threats in every direction, and a single mode for surveillance of both ground and lower airspace targets - up to 13,000 ft and 15km - the GO20 MM provides armed forces with a 3D protection bubble.
Fitted with detection, classification and tracking capabilities, the GO20 MM also facilitates quick and efficient decision-making. Through a clear, simple interface on the operator laptop, armed forces can easily and quickly recognise a threat, wining decisive seconds over adversary forces.
Feel protected, anywhere…
Whether seeking to protect their camp, airbases or critical infrastructure, or carrying out forward area reconnaissance missions, armed forces must be able to secure and protect their operating space.
Because it features two sensors in one - for ground and low flying targets - and thanks to its compact size, the GO20 MM is easily transportable and deployable. In 5 minutes, two soldiers can set it up wherever it is needed most, whether on a mast or for off-board operations. Similarly, they can quickly redeploy it to another area if the mission requires it.
Autonomy is critical on the battlefield. Armed forces operate missions regularly in areas where the power grid or additional infrastructure are non-existent. As such, surveillance assets must feature high levels of energy autonomy to ensure seamless situational awareness.
Thales has designed the GO20 MM to provide Armed and Special Forces with high levels of energy autonomy. Featuring a six-pack battery, it can operate for 5 hours and provide users with high levels of protection. Choosing to opt-out of the generator option, Thales has made sure that the GO20 MM remains quiet and highly transportable ensuring mission success.
In a standalone mode or as part of a larger system of surveillance and protection, the GO20 MM is easy to integrate into any C2 system, enabling the fast exchange of classified data for the latest recognized air picture and providing those decisive seconds for reaction time.
- Continuous 360° 3D surveillance coverage to detect all threats in any direction
- Rotation speed of 60°/second
- High elevation coverage (19°) for best UAV detection
- Instrumented range of 15km
Did you know?
- The GO20 MM provides continuous 360°3D detection of both ground and air targets in a single mode
- The GO20 MM is well suited for slow (e.g. pedestrian) and fast targets (e.g. helicopter) and above all detection of micro-drones – all at the same time
- The G020 MM provides Force protection for a camp, units on the battlefield or a column on-the-march against ground and low-level air targets in a single surveillance asset
- The GO20 MM is well suited for off-board operations, featuring fast set-up/tear-down time (approximately 5mn)