Ideal for self-service kiosks at airports
Thales Gemalto OEM MRZ Reader KR2400 is part of our ID and passport readers for OEMs.
It inspects and images Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTDs) containing ICAO-compliant machine-readable text in a variety of market segments.
The reader's slim design makes it ideal for integration with self-serve type kiosks such as expedited traveler's gates and Common Use Self Service (CUSS) kiosks at airports.
Its low height makes it ideal for small booths, and it can easily be placed in areas not initially designed for a document reader. It offers:
- Intuitive document placement for easy self-service use
- High-resolution camera for accurate document capture
- Ability to customize the format for integration into an existing system
- Flatbed reader ideal for identification at kiosks requiring MRZ code line ID only
Key Standard Features & Functionality
- Imaging in 24-bit color and near-infrared (IR)
- 400 DPI imaging
- OCR data capture
- Complete access to OCR data and captured images via Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Images can be accessed as BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Auto-triggering of document capture – presence of document is automatically detected
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 and Linux® compatible
- USB 2.0 high speed compatible and Integrated USB 2.0 Hub – 2 ports for external peripherals
- Rear panel status indicators and connector
How can we better help you?
At Thales, we believe in taking a global approach to security. That's why we strive to provide secure, durable, and innovative solutions.
We offer extensive experience and support, enabling our customers to meet their security expectations.
If you have a question on the Gemalto OEM MRZ Reader KR2400 scanner to ask or more broadly on our self-service and border management solutions, please leave a comment in the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you.